Very Early Maturing high yielding and widely adapted white hybrid. 128 days to reach physiological maturity
- Very early maturing white and hard dent grained maize hybrid.
- Reaches physiological maturity in 128 days at 1300 meters above sea level.
- Excellent global and regional adaptation. An all rounder variety from region 2 to 4 of Zimbabwe.
- Highest yielder in the 400 series category with potential yield of up to 12 t/Ha.
- Can easily out-compete some hybrids in the 500 and 600 series maturity groups.
- Bestows the three major yield components/determinants; Excellent cobbing ability (big cobs), High row number (16-18), High shelling out percentage (80%).
- Excellent heat and drought tolerance with a drought escape characteristic when planted in low rainfall areas.
- Excellent tolerance to major maize diseases with moderate tolerance to grey leaf sport. Good stay green characteristic.
- Excellent standability aided by a low cob placement of 1.26m against an average stalk height of 2.47m. Can stand high plant population densities of up to 55 000 plants per ha. Fast dry down rate-loses 2% moisture per week. An excellent high yielding option for short rotations (double cropping systems) eg maize-wheat rotation.