The Sales & Marketing Manager is part of the Senior Management Team within the Seed Co Kenya and reports directly to the the General Manager - Kenya or Designate.A highly qualified professional who has the energy and commitment to develop and grow in a dynamic organization alongside passionate and dedicated colleagues is required to fill this position.
Position Overall Purpose
To expand the organisation’s scope of activities and market share within the region, through implementing a well-planned Sales and Marketing Strategic Plan.
The individual must possess a strong business acumen and have the ability to work directly with various internal and external stakeholders to understand and gather business requirements.
This is a fast‐paced role and requires the candidate to be proactive and demonstrate a high degree of leadership, flexibility and initiative.
- Defining, understanding and creating long term strategies for market categories and segments.
- Develop and implement sales, distribution and channel strategy.
- Forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for, categories, regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit.
- Maintains sales volumes, product mix and selling price by keeping current with customer business requirements, changing trends, economic indicators and competitors.
- Initiate research on brands, consumers and market segments.
- Develop and defend brand identity and positioning.
- Lead in the formulation of pricing strategy to create a winning edge in the market.
- Monitor and manage the performance of the brands.
- Brief advertising agency on media objectives and creative material development and production.
- Coordinate project planning, implementation and appraisal
- Implement trade marketing strategy
- Creates weekly, monthly and quarterly sales goals/target for commercial team and keep C-level executives apprised of progress.
- Manage full sales prism operations to employees.
- Assess the competitive landscape and institute designs to create winning edge
- Continuously measure and evaluate performance through the use of analytics to maximize effectiveness and budget efficiency of various initiatives.
- Execute a profitable customer management scheme
- A good understanding of the industry regulatory system.
Qualifications and Skills
- Relevant Business related Bachelor’s Degree. MBA preferred
- 8+ years relevant work experience in Marketing, Sales or Commercial Lead roles
- Experience in strategic selling, account management and business negotiations and excellent closing skills.
- Strong analytical and finance knowledge, including understanding P&L levers.
- Proven ability to lead and develop high performing teams and best in class processes.
- Ability to collaborate at the executive level on business unit planning and operations
- Knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital space/social media
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills and executive presence.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Must have strong written and verbal skills: effectively communicates strategic messages to target audiences.
- Ability to travel extensively.
- Honest and reliable with good moral values and behaivour.
- A clean driver’s license.
The deadline for submitting applications is 17th May 2019 at 12.00 noon.
Do kindly send your application letter and detailed CV to the following addresses: