Very Early Maturing Hybrid
Very early, high yield drought and streak tolerance, and wide adaptability.
- Very early maturing white hybrid.
- 90 - 110 days to phyisiological maturity.
- Wide daptation in marginal areas of Tanzania with low.
- Sc 403 is early maturing hyibrid (90 - 110 days) hence very important variety in short rains areas of Tanzania.
- Yield potential 5-6 tons per hacter( 20 - 25 bags x 100kg per acre.
- High shelling percentage with semi flint grain texture.
- Outstanding Streak and Mottle Viruses tolerance hybrid.
- Outstanding tolerance to both Diplodia and Furasium cob rots. Number one farmers choice in low potential areas.
- Recommended for harsh conditions where yields of less than 6t/ha are expected.
- It is also recommended for irrigation schemes where early maize variety Streak Virus tolerant hybrid is required.
- Where irrigation is available optimum plant population should be increased to the levels recommended for the given expected yield level.