- Walk the land to ensure that the stand is even, standing (not lodging) and has no many gaps
- Reap the cobs from a measured 20 sq. metres. If the rows are at 90cm, then you should reap 22m row length, if the rows are 75cm, then measure 26.6m row length.
- Shell the cobs, weigh the grain and determine the moisture content using a moisture meter
- Do this for three or four separate samples at widely separate points and determine the average
- Use the calculator below to calculate yield average estimate corrected to 1 ha and to 12.5% Moisture Content
NB* Enter correct value for Mass Grain and Moisture Content to see result