Call for Young people in Universities and Colleges of Agriculture to develop innovative and technological ideas that create value for farmer’s livelihoods in Zimbabwe.
Seed Co Zimbabwe, a company registered to operate in Zimbabwe with a mandate to breed, produce, process and market hybrid crop seeds in partnership with BOOST Fellowship seeks to enhance the capacities of young people in Universities and Colleges of Agriculture in developing innovative and technological ideas that create value for the company as well as improving farmers livelihoods in Zimbabwe. Seed Co is looking for ideas or concepts which can be developed into solutions. Once the ideas have been generated, they will be selected and developed into actionable solutions by the idea generators. The challenge is open to all University and Agricultural College students from first year up to PhD level.
Concept ideas could include, but are not limited to:
- New technologies and business models that make agribusiness more inclusive or use collaborative solutions to improve market penetration.
- Innovations that empower Seed Co farmers to fully participate in agribusiness and gain revenue from employment or entrepreneurship such as new distribution channels
- Initiatives that lead to new products that are bankable and meet the client needs of Seed Co farmers.
- Marketing, production, social impact or technological ideas which lead to new products, improved business practices, profitability and potential improvement in production, quality and overall products in the Seed Co stable.
- The winners will be given the opportunity to further develop the proposal for implementation with the full backing from Seed Co, for a period of 6 months. (Maximum 3 people on a team)
Solutions or Ideas should focus on adding value to Rural Farmers, Commercial Farmers, Seed Producers, Seed Research Communities, Seed houses (SeedCo), Farmer groups and Farmer organisations, Schools (Agriculture), Universities and Colleges
Ideas and proposed solutions could be around these areas in agriculture. Customer Loyalty, Sales, Logistics, Seed research, Weather, Agronomy, Marketing, Breeding, Farm Activities, Financial reporting, Retail networking, Warehousing, Procurement, Seed Processing, Collaboration and Communication, Seed Quality Assurance and Product development.
Ten Outstanding ideas shall be selected and receive $500 each. Overall winners of the competition shall receive the following cash prizes:
- Winner: $5 000
- First Runner up: $3 500
- Second Runner up: $1 500
How to Apply?
Interested candidates must follow this link to apply : https://goo.gl/forms/pb86Pl4ziIhjqq363
For more information contact: Tinashe Mushonga: email@example.com